Every year for my Mom's Birthday, she takes the girls shopping for a weekend. This year they went to Provo and stayed the night. With Amy gone this meant that it was the first time I was alone with both kids overnight. Thinking that I could not possibly handle this responsibility on my own, she left me a detailed "Dad List". I decided to chronicle by showing what the list told me to do and what I actually did.
The list is in red, what I actually did is in black.
- Read stories and play with the kids until bedtime.
- Go golfing with Grandpa Dave and then have Kailey "play" with the kids so I can watch the Jazz game.
- Get Claire asleep by 8PM and Jaxon hopefully by 10PM
- Both kids asleep on the car ride home at 8PM
- Change the kid's diapers as soon as they are dirty
- Changed their diapers after getting leaked on, twice
- Claire will wake up at 8AM Jaxon at around 9AM
- Dad woke up at 10AM to the sound of Jaxon ringing the doorbell
- Waffles or Pancakes for breakfast for Jax
- Marshmallows in a cup
- Solids throughout the day for Claire
- Eight bottles equals a solid, right?
- 1/2 teaspoon of Motrin for Claire's cold
- Woke the girls up in the morning to ask Amy how much medicine to give Claire
- Claire will take a nap in her crib every few hours
- Claire took a nap on Dad every couple of hours
- This might be a little tough
- This was actually a lot of fun
We all managed to survive the weekend thanks to a little help from the "Dad List"!