Monday, June 1, 2009

My Birthday!

Posted on 1:24 PM by Trimblog

Since my birthday was on Sunday and Jeff had to work, we pretty much celebrated it all weekend--not that I'm complaining.  :)   It seems crazy that I am just a few years away from the big 3-0, but I love where I am right now in life--every year seems to get better and better!  

We thought it would be fun to go to Park City for my birthday so we headed up there on Thursday.  The kids came with us as well as Jeff's mom.  I chose to start the day by shopping at the outlet stores.  Jeff and Faye watched the kids well I shopped.  It was so nice not having to rush in and out of a store as quickly as possible and I found some great buys.  After shopping, we checked into our hotel and went swimming.  The kids enjoyed trying out the different pools and hot tubs. They also loved playing with the super sized chess game that was by the pool.




That night, Faye watched the kids so Jeff and I could go out to dinner.  We parked at the top of Main Street and tried to decide on a place to eat.  We ended up at the last restaurant on the street, Prime Steak House. Not only was the food great, but we were also able to enjoy some great conversation without the kiddos (as much as we love them).  For dessert, we stopped at one of the chocolate shops and bought some yummy treats.  

Park City always makes me nostalgic.  Jeff and I had a great third date there and it's also where we got engaged.  We had a great time walking up and down main street and taking pictures. Here was Jeff's attempt at being terrified:

And my attempt at kissing a moose-we didn't realize till after it was dressed as a girl:


The next day we took Jaxon on the Alpine Slide.  I thought he would be scared on both the ski lift and the slide, but he surprised me and loved both.  He was laughing his head off on the ride down.  It was fun to see him enjoy something so much! 




They also went on the carousel and the train ride.  Jaxon thought he was pretty cool stuff on the train!   


We had such a wonderful time in Park City with our family!  We were so glad Faye came with us!  She is such a great mother-in-law, mom, and grandma!  

On Saturday, I went shopping again at the District and spent some of my birthday money. While I was gone, Jeff and Jaxon made me a birthday cake.  Jaxon also decided to change his outfit and add a hat--I love that he picked it out on his own!  


We picked up take out from Chili's for dinner and had cake afterwards.  Due to the amount of candles on the cake and the time it took to light them, there wasn't much of the candles left by the time we were done.  Despite all the wax, the cake still tasted great.


  
On my actual birthday, we went to my sister Rachelle's house for dinner. My grandparents were there as well.  Jaxon and Claire love their cousins and always enjoy playing with them.  It was nice to catch up with my family and so nice of my sister and her family to have us over.  I had a wonderful birthday and I'm grateful to my family and friends for making it so fabulous!  

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you got your camera working again! Also, it sounds like your memorial day and your birthday was so fun! I didn't know that Park City is where Jeff proposed! I would love to hear the story sometime! Hope you had a great birthday! I sure appreciate you and your friendship! You truly are one in a million!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your birthday was a good one!! I love that picture of you & Jeff-you both look so TAN and happy! i am so glad to have you as a sister-in-law, your awesome!

    ReplyDelete