Sunday, February 21, 2010

Book Blog

Posted on 4:31 PM by Trimblog

I am grateful to my dad for instilling in me a love for reading. He always encouraged me to read and made sure that I had the next book in whatever series I was reading. I love being taken away into a different world created by the author. It is also something that Jeff and I share. A vacation is not a vacation for us without a good book to read.

I've always wanted to keep track of the books I've read, but have never found a good system. I'm going to see how it works with doing a post after I have finished a book. I'm always looking for new books to read so let me know if you have any recommendations.

The last books that I read were Freakonomics and The Giver.


Freakonomics is the first non-fiction book I've read in a long time. I'm trying to add more non-fiction to my reading and this was a good one to start with. It talks about different studies and stats and correlations they can make with those stats. The most important thing that I took away from the book is to be a less stressed parent. I worry about things that really are not worth worrying about. There was a whole section on how names affect our kids which was really interesting. I enjoyed the book and felt like it gave me a new perspective on life.


The Giver is a book I've always wanted to read. It's a young adult fiction which tend to be some of my favorites. It talks about a town with no diversity, no choices, and no real feelings. Everyone in the town has a specific role. They only know life one way. One boy is given an assignment that changes his life and the way he sees everything. This book is a great read especially if you are looking for something quick. It made me grateful that we are able to experience happiness and freedom. I really enjoyed reading it and would recommend it to anyone who hasn't read it.

No Response to "Book Blog"

Leave A Reply