Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Memorial Day!

Posted on 2:29 PM by Trimblog

I have always loved having a summer birthday and having it near Memorial Day.  It seems like there are always lots of fun things going on and lots of people to celebrate with.  This year my birthday was on Memorial Day and we headed to St. George for the weekend.  We were glad Jeff's mom was able to come with us.


Jeff and I went to more movies during that weekend than I have probably been to this whole year.  Here is my list starting with my favorite and on down:

-----Date Night
-----Shrek 3
-----Iron Man 2
-----Robin Hood
-----Prince of Persia

We swam everyday and got some much needed color.  We also spent time relaxing at the house, reading, and enjoying the outdoors.


We added some new traditions.....Pirate Island Pizza and Grandma Tobler's Bakery (they both get three yum's from me).



The one thing I wanted to do for my birthday was to shop at H &M.  In my opinion, it's THE best store and I had birthday money to spend.  We made the trek to Vegas, ate at a buffet, and I shopped as long as I could.  It was a long day, especially for the kids, but they were troopers and it was worth the trip down there.  I found some great deals and am loving my new buys.


On my birthday, we swam and went to lunch and Target (my second favorite store, but my b-day money was gone by that point).  Jeff and I went on a date---we ate at a Mexican restaurant and went to the movie Date Night which kept me laughing.


When we got back from our date, the kids had decorated the house and were so excited to surprise me. Kids sure make birthdays fun!  We had birthday cake to finish off the night.



I feel so grateful for the life that I have.  I have the best husband and kids, we both have amazing families, and I have great friends. I'm looking forward to another exciting year--I want to enjoy my last year of twenties!!  

No Response to "Memorial Day!"

Leave A Reply