Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Girl's Camp 2010

Posted on 8:34 AM by Trimblog

It seems like not that long ago, I was going to Girl's Camp with my ward as a youth.  Doesn't seem possible that it was actually 13 years ago.  Not a lot has changed--there is still a lot of singing, skits, certification, and a hike.   There are a lot of new songs, but some of the older ones are still around i.e. the princess pat.  Every ward was a country and our ward chose New Zealand.  The camp directors did a great job.

Here are the leaders sporting all of our NZ gear....


We have a great group of girls-everyone is open to each other and they really try to include everyone.  I love how excited the new beehives are for camp.  It was a great week to grow closer to the girls.  I loved playing games around the fire every night--definitely my favorite part of camp.


Two of our girls had birthdays while at camp, so one of our leaders made them an amazing cake as a surprise.  Each of the girls was represented on the cake and was sticking their head out of the tent.


The girls are such great examples to me and as I told them in my testimony, they give me hope for my kids as teenagers.  The youth are as strong as they have ever been despite the things that are happening in the world.  I feel blessed to be a part of their lives and to experience so many testimony building experiences with them.

No Response to "Girl's Camp 2010"

Leave A Reply