Thursday, November 25, 2010

Top Ten Tuesday (or Thursday this week)

Posted on 11:28 AM by Trimblog

I want to start doing a Top Ten list every Tuesday (I know, today is Thursday, but I started it on Tuesday and had every intention of posting it)....I'm stealing the idea from my sister- in-law who does it on her blog.  Since Thanksgiving doesn't seem complete without thinking about what you are truly grateful for, I'm going to start with that.  As I was thinking about it, I realized that I could fill a number of top ten lists just with all the people in my life who I am thankful for, but I decided to group them. Our family is incredibly blessed and I have so much to be thankful for...here's just ten of them:

1.  My incredibly smart and hard working husband....he does so much for our little family...I love that he makes me laugh every day...I'm thankful that he provides for us and allows me to stay home with our kids.  He makes me a better person and I feel lucky to be married to such a great guy.
2.  Jaxon and Claire...where to even start...I love my kids and would do anything for them...I remember my mom telling me that having kid's changes your life....how changed my life has been...for the better...there are so many moments with my kids that I know I will always cherish.
3.  My family...I was blessed with wonderful parents, two brothers, and a sister...all of them reasons why I am today who I am.  I love being with them and their families...we have many great memories and I look forward to many more. Being the youngest, I have always and continue to look up to them...they are great examples to me.  I am grateful for the many cousins my kids have that they can look up to throughout their lives (on both sides).
4.  Jeff's family...I am grateful for the in-laws that I have.  They are a great family...one of their friends said that they would kill to get in their family.  All joking aside, it's not far from the truth.  They have always accepted me and made me feel like part of the family.
5.  My friends....I have great friends from high school...when we get together, I love that it feels like no time has passed at all.  I love the friends I have in our neighborhood...I enjoy our monthly girl's nights out and watching the Bachelor together.
6.  My religion...I've wondered many times how I ended up LDS when the odds of it are so small...whatever the reason, I'm so grateful to know what we know in our church....I am most grateful for the knowledge that we have a very loving Heavenly Father and Savior and that families can be forever.
7.  My country...No matter what people think about the future of our country...I would still take it over any other country in the world.  I am grateful for the opportunities and privileges we enjoy for living here.  I am also so thankful for those who give up so much time with their own families to protect us and our freedoms...what they sacrifice amazes me.
8.  Health...I know this is something I take for granted every day...being healthy and having a healthy family...it can be taken away at any time...
9.  Knowledge/Books...I love learning and I miss college where I always felt like I was gaining new knowledge and using my mind...I still try to find ways to do that...which leads me to books...I've always loved reading...I'm grateful for talented authors who make reading an experience...
10. Warmth...I love warmth...especially the last few days that have been so freezing cold...I am so grateful we have a house with heat, cars with heat...a fireplace.  I also love and miss the warmth of the summer sun.

No Response to "Top Ten Tuesday (or Thursday this week)"

Leave A Reply