Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Future Engineer...

Posted on 11:33 AM by Trimblog

I don't know if everyone felt this way growing up, but I always thought my dad had a cool job.  It was cool that he worked at a power plant and made electricity.  He would take us on tours every once in a while and I loved seeing what he did.  Jaxon got this same chance while we were in Tucson.  He is really into anything with machines and he loves knowing how things work...it makes me wonder if he will be an engineer someday.  His mind just seems to work that way...I know my dad nor I would mind if we had another engineer in the family.  My dad is the plant manager at the Tucson Power Plant and it was fun for all of us to see what he does.  On Sunday, we went to tour the plant, but didn't have long pants and closed toe shoes, so we could only see my dad's office and the control room.  The kids loved driving around and looking at all the different parts of a power plant. 




They also loved the train that brings the coal to the power plant...



Jaxon enjoyed seeing that part of the plant so much, that we went back on Monday for a more extensive tour.  We went to the top of the boiler (about 200 feet)...I was a little nervous walking that high with floors that you can see through, but it was no problem for Jax.  


Promise I'm not pregnant though the shirt would tell otherwise...need to retire that one for a while after seeing the pic below....



We enjoyed the views of Tucson from the top of the boiler...



We all had a great time touring the plant and learning more about how our power is made.  Jaxon told us that the power plant was his favorite part of our Arizona trip. 

No Response to "Future Engineer..."

Leave A Reply